Fort Worth Office
Fort Worth, Texas 76104
GET IN TOUCH
Ryan Scharar serves as FCA Corp’s Director of Tax and Strategic Planning and advises individual and business clients on a wide range of issues and industries. He is a dually licensed Attorney and Certified Public Accountant with extensive experience working with small businesses and entrepreneurs on a variety of planning initiatives, with an emphasis on tax. He works in close collaboration with families and business owners to develop customized strategies that help clients achieve their financial, estate, investment and tax planning goals.
Prior to joining FCA, Ryan counseled clients for Scharar Law Firm, PC, a firm he started in 2014, working on a variety of legal and tax matters for clients. Prior to this, Ryan worked as a lawyer for two Fort Worth law firms and in the Houston office of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Education, Licenses, Certifications and Memberships
- Stephen F. Austin State University, B.B.A, Accounting
- Baylor University, Master of Business Administration – MBA
- Michigan State University College of Law, Doctor of Law – J.D.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
- Member of the Texas Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Academy of Attorney – CPAs
- Director, Past Treasurer, Vice President, TXCPA Fort Worth
- Finance Committee, Former Trustee, Arbor Lawn United Methodist Church
- Vice President, Ryan Place Improvement Association
- Officer, Fort Worth Business & Estate Counsel – TCBA
- “Young CPA of the Year” by the TXCPA – Fort Worth Chapter (2016-2017)
- “Rising Star” by the TXCPA (2016)
- “Rising Star” by Texas Super Lawyers Magazine (2017-2020)
- “40 Under 40” award recipient by CPA Practice Advisor Magazine (2019)
- Texas Super Lawyer (2022)
Ryan is an Eagle Scout. He serves on the Board of Directors and in other leadership roles for a number of public and private companies as well as other professional/social organizations.
Ryan, his wife Bronwyn, and their three children, Joseph, Patrick, and Sally, live in Fort Worth. He enjoys family movie and game nights, coaching youth sports, road cycling and being outdoors around a campfire with friends and family.